This ‘flower tank’ was a new attraction for 2014 in Castle Park and was mounted on sandbags and surrounded by red flowers and wooden crosses. This tank was erected in the same location, where back in 1920 a mark IV tank from the first world war was on display. The tank remained on display until 1934 when it was sold to a local scrap dealer for £7. 10s
This half size model was commissioned in memory of all those who lost their lives in that war. It was made using a metal frame filled with compost and planted with 14,000 individual Alternanthera plants.